This is one of my favorite fast and healthy meals - a lightened up tuna melt that has a bit of a spicy kick and lots of lemony flavor piled on a crunchy english muffin. This is a great recipe to make ahead and keep in the refrigerator for a quick lunch. It is so good that you won't even miss the mayo. If you prefer a creamier filling, add a small teaspoon of greek or plain yogurt. Throw in extra veggies if you're in the mood, too. Celery, tomato, whatever you like. Our cats go crazy when I make it and even my picky toddler eats this one! Enjoy! :)
8 Weight Watchers Points (Recipe Serves 2)
Source: Weight Watchers
- 1/2 cup(s) canned artichoke hearts, without oil, about four pieces, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 oz water-packed tuna fish, drained, albacore, and flaked
- 2 item(s) whole-wheat English muffin(s), split
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Divide the mixture evenly among muffin halves; sprinkle with cheese.
Place on a baking sheet; broil 5 inches from heat until golden brown, 5 minutes.