Surely everyone has had Pretzel M&M's before, right? Have you ever tried baking with them? I found this recipe for oatmeal cookies that are loaded with crushed Pretzel M&M's. Sweet, salty, crunchy, chewy oatmeal cookie goodness. Go make them now to show to your invisible internet friends.
Source: Bakers Royale
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup oats, quick cooking
- 1 9.90oz Bag of M&M Pretzel (I used a meat tenderizer to crush them in the bag.)
Makes 31/2 dozen cookies
Preparation: Line bake sheet with parchment. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Melt and heat butter until it is brown and nutty. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Place softened cream cheese, egg, sugar, dark brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium until mixture is fully combined and shiny, about 1-2 minutes. Add browned butter and mix to combine. Turn off mixer.
3. Place flour and quick cooking oats in a bowl and whisk to combine. Use a sturdy spatula or wooden spoon to fold flour mixture into wet mixture and mix to combine.
4. Using a meat tenderizer crush M&M Pretzel in a plastic bag and add to cookie dough and fold to combine.
5. Scoop one heaping tablespoon of cookie dough onto parchment lined baked sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are golden brown.
Cookies will keep 2-3 days in a tightly sealed container.