After a week delay, due to power outages from the wind storm, we finally got to work with fondant last night! First we practiced the rose, which is very time consuming! I'll need to think of an alternative design to the final cake next week because I don't see myself sitting for that many hours making roses between now and then. Note for next time - make a much smaller center to the rose.
Then, we covered our cakes and smoothed out the corners. I had some cracks, but luckily our design was forgiving, so they were immediately covered up with the bow and flowers. We used a pattern to cut out the pieces for the bow and used cutters to make the flowers. My favorite thing about this cake are the ribbon curls. One of my classmates made her cake primarily purple, so we traded some fondant to use a few colors on both of our cakes. They turned out so cute! And boo to poor lighting at 9:30 p.m.